Forks & Corks Food & Wine Festival presents Forks & Corks University | Events
Sarasota, Florida -- The Sarasota-Manatee Originals’ (SMO) sixth annual Forks & Corks Food & Wine Festival features Forks & Corks University on Saturday, Jan. 26, as part of the four-day event, which runs Jan. 25 - 28, 2013.
Foodies and oenophiles will converge at Michael’s On East Ballroom and Wine Cellar, 1212 East Ave. S., Sarasota, to taste and learn about rare and inspired wines during seminars led by a panel of celebrated winemakers.
“Forks & Corks University is an extremely popular part of the festival,” says Kate Atkin, executive director of The Sarasota-Manatee Originals. “Led by recognized wine experts from around the world, these interactive seminars will take your wine knowledge to a higher level!”
"These educational seminars set Forks & Corks apart from most other wine and cuisine festivals," says Michael Klauber, Forks & Corks events co-chair. "It takes it to another level. Guests are not just passively consuming—they’re also absorbing the expertise of world-renowned wine experts."
Atkin urges people to purchase their tickets soon as tickets are going quickly.
To learn more about the event and to purchase tickets, visit www.freshoriginals.com/forksandcorks.
Forks & Corks University Schedule:
“A World of White” and “Big, Red and Beautiful”
Saturday, January 26, 9:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
Michael's on East § $150 (+ service charges; ticket price includes four-course gourmet luncheon with wine pairings)
How do different grapes express themselves though different soils, climates and winemaking traditions? Experience some of the more inspired varietals by tasting acclaimed white and red wines from regions throughout France, Italy and New Zealand. This program features a diverse selection of white wines in the morning and a four-course gourmet lunch catered by the Sarasota-Manatee Originals member restaurants featuring wine pairings with each course. Following lunch, enjoy the afternoon session sampling and learning about the "Big Reds” from the most popular growing regions of the globe.
A World of White Panelists:
- Corrine/Phillipe Ehrhart, Domaine Ehrhart, Alscace, France
- Jerome Quiot, Domaine du Vieux Lazaret, Chateauneuf du Pape, France
- Eric Dulong, Marquis de Goulaine, Loire Valley, France
- Bertrand Ambroise, Maison Bertrand Ambroise, Burgundy, France
- Alistair Soper, Highfield, Malborough, New Zealand
- Leonardo LoCascio, Poggio al Tesoro, Bolgheri, Italy
Big, Red and Beautiful Panelists:
- Chris Phelps, Swanson Winery, Napa Valley, California
- Joseph Carr, Joseph Carr, Napa Valley, California
- Todd Anderson, Anderson’s Conn Valley Vineyards, Napa Valley, California
- Tom Porter, Porter Family Vineyards, Coombsville, California
- Caroline Ruffie, Chateau Haut Bages Liberal, Paulliac, France
- Andre Boada, Capture Wines, Sonoma County, California
“California Road Show”
Saturday, January 26, 9:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
Michael's on East § $75 (+ service charges; ticket price includes four-course gourmet luncheon with wine pairings)
Hard-earned secrets of soil, climate and vine have been passed from generation to generation, providing California wine with its unique legacy and spectacular range. Enjoying a glass of California wine is easy to do, but, in this seminar and tasting, our experts will help you select and savor award-winning wines you'll never forget. This program features a diverse selection of California wines and a four-course gourmet lunch catered by the Sarasota-Manatee Originals member restaurants featuring wine pairings with each course.
California Road Show Panelists:
- Robert Hall, Robert Hall, Paso Robles, California
- Daniel Gehrs, Daniel Gehrs Wines, Santa Barbara County, California
- Doug Cass, Cass Winery, Paso Robles, California
- Michael DeLoach, Hook & Ladder Winery, Russian River Valley, California
- Ken Bernards, Ancien Wines, Napa Valley, California
- Harry Wetzel IV, Alexander Valley Vineyards, Alexander Valley, California
Tickets available online only at www.freshoriginals.com/forksandcorks
For more information about the sixth annual Forks & Corks Food & Wine Festival, visit www.freshoriginals.com/forksandcorks or call 941-955-3663.