EPA Office of Water Acting Assistant Administrator to tour Sarasota | Environment
Sarasota, Florida -- Environmental Protection Agency Office of Water Acting Assistant Administrator Nancy Stoner will visit Sarasota to learn about its environmental success stories in Sarasota County on Thursday, Dec. 29.
The tour will begin at 10 a.m. at the Southwest Florida Water Management District office, 6750 Fruitville Road, Sarasota.
Tour Schedule (subject to change):
- 10 a.m. - Southwest Florida Water Management District office, 6750 Fruitville Road, Sarasota - Introductions and comments on Sarasota Bay watershed restoration program
- 10:30 a.m. - Celery Fields Stormwater Facility, 6799 Palmer Point Blvd., Sarasota - Meeting at Gazebo. Comments on wetland restoration successes and international recognition of birding facility
- 11:10 a.m. - Honore Ave., Sarasota - Demonstration of bioswales along this innovative roadway project
- 11:45 a.m. - Red Bug Slough, 5200 Beneva Road, Sarasota - Overview of restoration project and pervious sidewalk
- 12:30p.m. - Boat tour of Roberts Bay departs from Phillippi Creek Oyster Bar, 5353 South Tamiami Trail, Sarasota - Media are welcome aboard for stops at a bird colony island, a mangrove habitat and sea grass beds
- 1:30 p.m. - Boat tour concludes at Bay Island Park, Sarasota