Venice Theatre announces 64th Season | Arts & Culture
Venice, Florida -- Venice Theatre celebrated the start of its 64th season with a party for sponsors, donors, advertisers, patrons and volunteers Monday night.
The Theatre said just before the reception kicked off, the theatre's Board of Directors approved the docket of productions presented to them by the theatre's play selection committee and Artistic/Executive Director Murray Chase.
Designated the third-largest community theatre in the country by the American Association of Community Theatre, Venice Theatre offers four series that give audiences the opportunity to see traditional Broadway-style shows (MainStage), contemporary works (Stage II), light musical revues (Cabaret) and family-friendly fare (Generations). The theatre also offers a variety of concerts and special events, classes and outreach projects.
Season subscriptions will go on sale in mid-February. A total of seven different packages are available. Prices range from $35 for a child subscription to the Generations Series to $319 for the Golden Ticket which includes all 18 shows.
Scheduled 2013-2014 productions are listed below:
- Becky’s New Car (Oct 1-20, 2013)
- Hairspray (Nov 12-Dec, 2013)
- Boeing, Boeing (Jan 14-Feb 2, 2014)
- Oklahoma! (Feb 18-Mar 16, 2014)
- Five Guys Named Moe (Apr 1-19, 2014)
- The Elephant Man (Apr 29-May 11, 2014)
- Frankenstein (Oct 10-27, 2013)
- Superior Donuts (Jan 9-26, 2014)
- Underneath the Lintel (Mar 13-30, 2014)
- Parallel Lives (Apr 10-27, 2014)
- Summer Cabaret Festival (Jul 19-Aug 25, 2013)
- I Love You, You’re Perfect, Now Change! (Nov 1-24, 2013)
- The Marvelous Wonderettes (Dec 6-22, 2013)
- Radio Gals (Feb 7-Mar 2, 2014)
- Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat (Jul 24-Aug 4, 2013)
- Schoolhouse Rock Live! (Sept 23-29, 2013)
- A Christmas Carol (Dec 19-22, 2013)
- How I Became a Pirate (May 8-25, 2014)